This is sample Task Sequence that will do automated capture only. It will apply WinPE to disk, run sysprep, reboot into WinPE and capture the installation, fully automated.
Note: Updated 2008-12-03 with the following new features.
– Better pre.req check (for sysprep.inf and unattend.xml files)
– Improved logging.
– Setting the correct Image Flag when deploying Vista or higher
- Download the Sample files from
- Copy the CaptureTS.xml to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates.
- Copy the Z-CaptureOnlyValidation.wsf file to \Distribution\Scripts.
- Create a new Task Sequence in MDT 2008 with the following Settings
Task Sequence ID: Capture001
Name: Capture Reference Image
Template: Capture Reference Image Task Sequence
- Edit the Capture Reference Image Task Sequence and set the Set Image Folder and Set Image Filename parameters. Se below.
- Review the sample bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini and make necessary changes (username etc.) in yours.
- On the machine ready to be captured, logged in as a local administrator, run \\server\distribution$\scripts\liteTouch.vbs, select the Capture Reference Image Task Sequence and have some well deserved coffee 🙂
If you build your reference image using MDT, you can select DoCapture=Prepare to have MDT extracting it for you. Otherwise you have to copy the sysprep files to C:Sysprep before running the sequencer.